Do you suffer from pain all over the body?
Do you experience dizzy spells and “fibrofog”?
Do you feel knackered all the time?
Do you often feel that you haven’t been listened to or understood by your GP and other specialists?
HAVE YOU BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH Fibromyalgia?
We can help you manage this disabling condition. Often patients don’t feel listened to and spend many years with this condition before a diagnosis is offered.
Now there is a better understanding of the condition and a lot more treatments available which your GP may not be aware of. Since it is a condition with predominant pain being present all over the body, pain specialists have been at the forefront of being involved in diagnosis and management using a variety of techniques. Our Specialist, Dr. Ravindran has more than 10 years of experience treating people with acute and chronic pain and sees 3-5 patients every week with Fibromyalgia in his clinics.
AT THE BERKSHIRE PAIN CLINIC, WE UNDERSTAND THE EACH PATIENT AND THEIR CIRCUMSTANCES ARE DIFFERENT. WE WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH THE TREATMENT PLAN AND ALL DOUBTS AND WORRIES ARE CLARIFIED. WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE:
- a comprehensive treatment plan
- Develop and agree a management plan with patient with plan for follow up/ongoing assessment
- Effective medication therapy for Fibromyalgia that is evidence based
- Discussion and help regarding other useful therapies such as physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, acupuncture
- Arranging these therapies to ensure that physical function is improved
- Doing cortisone injections for trigger points
- Advice regarding the use of Botox (Botulinum Toxin A) and Pulsed radiofrequency for tender and trigger points
- Role of prolotherapy in the treatment of Fibromyalgia
- Advice regarding helpful organisations and support groups in your local area
- Advice regarding referral to a clinical psychologist for help with low mood and anxiety
Fibromyalgia can be managed much better with a combination of the above therapies and suitable lifestyle changes, thus improving your quality of life.
The Berkshire pain clinic aims to be a one stop resource and support for helping you with this condition.
Read our testimonials/feedback for Dr.Ravindran here.